Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Brand Ambassador Love

Last week I had an awesome opportunity to hang out on the Ohio State campus on one of the most unseasonably warm Fall days, soaking in the sunshine and handing out make-up samples to any interested Buckeye beauties while making some hard earned (more fun than hard!) cash. I came across the opportunity for a brand ambassador position on Craigslist and after a screening of my resume and a quick phone call, I was selected to work the Mary Kay Fall into Beauty Campus Tour event at Ohio State.
 
Working as a brand ambassador is a fun and easy way to make some money and add experience in branding, event marketing, promotion strategy, market research and general consumer interaction. The event last week featured an outdoor beauty tent where students could take a tour of Mary Kay products, Fall beauty trends and even experience a full cosmetic makeover from a professional make-up artist. I was stationed in the photo booth area and also spent some time handing out samples to students as they passed by the tent. It was a great experience interacting with the students, listening to what they enjoyed most about the experience and witnessing the sheer excitement they experienced as they sampled their way through the venue. 

Whether you are a student or just finding yourself with some extra time and are looking for a way to make some extra cash I definitely recommend looking into brand ambassador opportunities. In the future, if I work on a new product launch, creative brand promotion project or event marketing endeavor I now have direct operational experience in the implementing of these events. I look forward to continuing participating in these events to build my event promotions experience across multiple channels of trade - but I am definitely interested in working more beauty events in the meantime! 

Side note: The event also provided an opportunity to get to know some other girls my age in the area and I was lucky enough to reconnect with a former classmate from college, Alissa Henry (seen in the photo strip on the right, below). Alissa is in the running for Columbus' Next CW Star contest, CLICK HERE to watch Alissa's video and vote for her in the contest!



No comments:

Post a Comment