Thursday, October 11, 2012

Road Trippin'!

"But it was Saturday night
I guess that makes it all right
And you say, 'Baby, have you got enough gas?'
Oh yeah
Little red corvette
Baby you're much to fast, yes you are
Little red corvette
You need to find a
love that's gonna last"
- Prince "Little Red Corvette"
  
 
I took a trip home this past weekend and was loving the drive. Sometimes a long drive can be boring, tiring and even painful (hello, butt lock)  but my 143 mile trip home turned out to be just what I needed. Below are some things I love about road trips! 
  • Atti came with me! I got to bring my kitty on the trip. My co-pilot rode in her pet carrier in the middle of my backseat so she could see me and the road and so she'd be out of harms way if I had to quickly stop.
  • "Quick snack" not "Fast food" I try my best to eat healthy everyday but a road trip is the perfect excuse for a little cheat. I stopped at a Taco Bell/KFC and ordered a soft taco and a chicken sandwich - it was so great! To save some calories I fed a little bit of cheese from my taco to my cat. ;-)
  • Have you looked outside in Ohio lately?! When I close my eyes and imagine the best part of living in Ohio I see orange, yellow and red leaves falling onto cold green grass. I see blue skies with big white clouds and can feel the sunshine beaming down from above me. The air is cool enough to run with shorts and a light jacket, and smells faintly of freshly cut grass, pumpkin, cider and the season's first fireplace fires. Thankfully for me, this time is now
  • DJ BV, here, driving tunes extraordinaire! It's great having someone else with you in the car to talk with to pass time but I got tired of Atti not answering me or giving suggestions for my problems... kidding, totally, just kidding. I did not talk to my cat in the car, but primarily because I had such good music on I didn't want to be distracted! It was fun to make a playlist just for me with songs I knew would put me in a good mood and get me ready to be home. Below is a collage of some of my favorites.
  • I just love my friends and family in Cleveland! Being away from home again is making me remember the things and people I love so much in my hometown. I miss driving on the Shoreway, living in Coventry, Cortina's Family Restaurant and even the construction by Progressive Field. The beauty is, when I come back I can go to each of these places and even if they are not exactly as I left them, I feel like it's a chance to catch each other up on what's been going on and all that's new. I move forward and grow and so do my surroundings - it's a wonderful reminder of my tiny piece in life's beautiful and everchanging puzzle.
I'm glad to be back in Columbus and settling into my new life here but my trip home was a great experience filled with fun times with family and friends, a couple delicious dinners, one terrible horror movie and two great road trips. See you next time, Cleveland!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment