Thursday, September 20, 2012

Love, Love Me Do


"Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud." -The Corinthians
"There's nothing you can know that isn't known.
Nothing you can see that isn't shown.
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
It's easy.
All you need is love, all you need is love,
All you need is love, love, love is all you need." -The Beatles

“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” - Steve Jobs

"In the face of impossible odds, people who love their country can change it." - Barack Obama

From Carrie Bradshaw in "Sex and the City" to Barack Obama's politics in our cities, love is everywhere! So much of today's news is filled with anger, hate, violence and fear that it can be hard to see but it is so important to the success of our country and ourselves that we look to love in our actions, hopes and beliefs. 

The point of this blog is to remind myself (and anyone who reads it) of the importance of finding love in the little (and the big) things that fill our lives. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by a task or a problem because the big picture just seems like too much! If I can take a step back and appreciate and find love for some part of each task, the project seems much more manageable and I find myself excited to tackle the challenge. I'm going to apply this theory to my life and look for ways every day to remind myself of the love for the things that fill it. With faith, patience and hope, I'm sure the love will continue pouring in!



No comments:

Post a Comment